Festival of Unleavened Bread Days 4 – 6
Shalom! We are sorry that we weren’t able to touch base with you during the last few days. Shabbats are often quite busy for Manna! But we trust that your festivities have been enjoyable as we continue counting down the days! Once again we want to share some things to help make your festival week special!
Special Festival Recipes:
Passover Matzah Recipe – Courtesy of All Recipes
- 6 matzo sheets
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (24 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Soak matzo sheets in a large bowl of hot water until tender, about 30 seconds. Drain. Combine eggs, cottage cheese, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Pour 1/2 of a cup of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan. Place 2 matzo sheets over the sauce, then pour another layer of sauce over the sheets. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top, then another layer of sauce. Continue layering until all the matzo sheets are used, finishing with a layer of sauce. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes.
Special Festival Songs:
Passover – The Maccabeats